Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Junior Relic Hunter

46 pound Matate/ Indiana

I was wondering what's it worth on the open market. I'll also post the killer nutting stone I found. Coolest/strangest one I have ever seen.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS

Senior Reliquarian
    Nice Rock!!

I think I have the mano that fits that. As to price....all in what you can get I suppose....grinding stones are usually not high dollar.....ie 46 pounds of clovis points will be worth a lot more....lol. I find that digging one of those puppies up from a couple of feet deep can be a chore.

Atlantis
    The present is the ever moving shadow that divides yesterday from tomorrow........cherish it.

EagleBear
    I have had a Metate for sale for 2 yrs now at $75.00 at 40% off retail and it is a nice red stone material with a true dimple on it visible to the naked eye. It is still there and not even one offer on it. So the value I have mine at is way under retail but you will have to find somebody that wants one. A point will sell a lot faster.

Junior Relic Hunter
    the pic Iof the matate is not super good can you see the impression chack out the Help ID post I just put up

Junior Relic Hunter

here is?

what you guys think?

Junior Relic Hunter

bottom close up

here is the bottom

Senior Reliquarian
    LOL,

That big rock looks more like a hornets nest....odd for sure. The small nutstone is interesting...looks like it was just used...been cracking any nuts lately?? Nutstones are interesting artifacts...the first multi-tasking artifact as they were used for a multitude of different things depending on who you talk to and where they are found. Thanks for sharing.......and remember its not the object....its the shipping.

Atlantis
    The present is the ever moving shadow that divides yesterday from tomorrow........cherish it.

Junior Relic Hunter
    no nut crackin yet, the large one has granite/that shines in the sun at the center and turns into flint,the has an outer layer of some kind of calcium. Looks like it was a stallagtight, all Knapped out.