Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Okie

Nevada arrowheads

Going to Vegas any places to hunt close by?

2. # ADS

Tribal Council Member
    There's a dry lake just south of Henderson, which is on the Vegas southern border. A small highway goes by it which makes the area rather visible but it looks promising. I haven't tried it due to the distance and it's a bit out of the way for me. Some time back we had a poster who claimed to hunt several places within 45 minutes of Vegas and I've wondered if this may have been one. Also there is a large dry wash in the southeastern area of Vegas that I believe artifacts were found in many years ago.
    If you look and are challenged, you are not looking for ANYTHING indian related. You don't even know anything about indians or care. Maybe you're just a bottle hunter.

Yup, just tell them you are looking for purty rocks..lol
    Not all those who wander are lost.

..Rocks that fall from the sky are popular too
    " There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he must run off in search of some hidden Treasure"

-Twain

Tribal Council Member
    Google: Sloan Canyon Petroglyphs. It's about 10 miles or so south of Vegas and may be something you'd be interested in.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    ..Rocks that fall from the sky are popular too
    Is it ok to hunt meteorites out there? That might be a good way to check things out. Buy a toy metal detector...
    I kinda like it. Does BLM get crabby about meteorite hunting?

Not as Crabby as they get about taking the arrowheads that the BLM guys like to pick up for themselves
    " There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he must run off in search of some hidden Treasure"

-Twain

On a serious note...Any Fed land will be a problem with almost anything so be cautious about where your at..I have talked to several BLM guys in Nevada and always had a positive response..in fact one of them hunted himself in his "private life"..

-Twain

Relic Hunter
    There are lot's of places to arrowhead hunt in Las Vegas.....best area is corn creek station, head towards Mount Charleston look for sand dunes and and brown signs indicating wildlife area..this is heading towards Indian Springs on Rancho/95 probably 15 or 20 miles out of town look near the ranger station in the sand you will see thousands of chips...use discretion and head north of the ranger station in the dunes. Red rock recreation area also, Calico Basin follow Charleston street all the way to the mountains...easy. Also, head out to Ash Meadows near Pahrumph to the dry lakes...anywhere out there, Crystal dry lake...the dry lake at Boulder City can be productive also...as are the dry lakes on the way from Cal on 40...in town there is a great site right next to the firehouse on Cheyenne at Cheyenne and Craig rd look for the pot holes...In Vegas and surrounding area always check out sand dunes.