Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tribal Council Member
    I want Jim for my secret Santa!!!

Lyle would be OK too

2. # ADS

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Jim those are awesome! thanks for sharing

God Bless Texas
    That is a dream tray of artifacts for me! I see a couple pictured in overstreet?

Tribal Council Member
    Quote Originally Posted by comanche View Post
    I have thought about the "Marshal" to be related some how as well,,,Most good examples of this type have some Crazy long Ears,,,and a lot are missing one ear,,,just as we see on Andice and Bell.

Thanks for posting these Jim
    Comanche.----The Andice , Bell , and Calf-Creek types are Early-archaic ; the Marshall is a much later artifact , dating in the late-archaic time period . They do have some of the same qualities tho---Don

Tribal Council Member
    Thanks for the Clairification DB.,,Just one of those things that has always made me wonder.//c
    Forty Six & 2 ///// Catch

Tribal Council Member
    oh my! thats my white whale.. them andice... iv been wanting one forever now! nice stuff dude!!
    THE MISSISSIPPI DELTA SHINES LIKE A NATIONAL GUITAR..

God Bless Texas
    TD what is your white whale partner? It's something you desire but I'm clueless! Fill me in! At the end of the week we might get rain, maybe you can come kick it with me? Thursday or Friday!

Tribal Council Member
    How did I miss this thread? Those are amazing! Paul

Spiroman
    Thanks for all the nice remarks, guys! Calf Creeks have been one of my favorite artifacts ever since I found my first nearly whole one back in 1972!

Panola, I do have a number of Woodford chert Calf Creeks as well. They are found in limited numbers in the Lake Texoma region and elsewhere. Even though originally named for the town of Woodford in the Arbuckles, the best samples of this occur in SE Oklahoma in the Quachitas by far. Some also occurs in the Johns Valley formation as an exotic and is of the highest quality of all of it.

Jim

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Thanks Jim for the pics and informative post. I got your p.m. you know that B.Shanks sold his entire collection to B.Breckenridge? Now he's hunting to build another one...after he lost his wife it set him back. I sure miss hunting with him, he was with me the day I found the 6 1/4" Dickson that Lyle has in his collection.My son is Wiseshanks on this board, he's just getting a collection going.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast