Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Every time this comes up, it makes me very sad, in many ways. Don Black said a mouthful of truth, right there...gov't priorities are all screwed up, and it all boils down to the almighty dollar, in every way!
    Not all those who wander are lost.

2. # ADS

Tribal Council Member
    Is it still an asbestos dump? Just saying if they want "America's Ancient History" intact then cleaning up the site was their ummm... second priority right? Because they want future generations to remember the people they stole North America from???

Senior Arrowheadologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Panola View Post
    And as these Gov't jerks were busy with this " major earth shaking heist " Several thousand illegal Mexicans , Colombians , drug cartel members , Muslim terriorists , and who knows what else invaded the country . Talk about majoring in the minor !

I have seen the enemy and it IS the ( our ) Gov'tment .
    You nailed it, Brother.
    stagger204 on youtube

FlintPirate
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuaream View Post
    My point is that I don't think we as collectors should rally behind people like this anymore than a methhead who digs a mound in a state park or steals from a museum storeroom. These people did more to hurt your collecting rights than an annoying start archaeologist could ever do.
    utter nonsense-it was STATE ARCHAEOLOGISTS who came up with the $hitty law to start with- i am sure it wasn't some congressman with nothing to do-some archy's wrote the law and talked legislators into passing it. some archy's in florida managed to get a law passed making it illegal to PICK UP AN ARROWHEAD in a river or the ocean for 3 miles out.

two were tricked into digging in a toxic DUMP--some didn't even BUY artifacts -- one defendant was a medical doctor and upstanding citizen/lifelong artifact hunter and collector --see pictures of the doctor and read his story here:

Wife of Blanding doctor in Indian artifacts case sues FBI, BLM for his suicide | Deseret News

these were not meth heads. if this doesn't make you call bull$hit on these bogus laws and power grabs by archaeologists----i suspect nothing would.

this isn't some far off fantasy-jackbooted swat teams raided artifact collectors houses at gunpoint and confiscated whole collections-people DIED as a result of this. the police and prosecutors are LESS responsible for this case than the PEOPLE WHO WROTE and ENACTED THE LAW.

now you want to act like its just some awful law thats to blame-or just some awful people who dug a grave on public land. what about the awful people who WROTE THE LAW and convinced lawmakers to pass it? lets not forgot the wonderful archaeologists behind these laws.

willy
    Last edited by willybee; 12-31-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: i like a few archaeologists.

PhD in Arrowheadology
    150 federal and BLM agents ganged up on these people. I'm surprised more didn't die from a heart attack.

BLM - sorry sobs have warehoused over 60,000 wild horses off the public land that all of us own. I say they have no right to remove them considering how many generations the horses and burros have been there. Probably as long as those remains and artifacts. Millions have been spent each month feeding these poor wild animals.
    BLM has been waiting for this congress to reopen the horse slaughter plants. AND they just recently did. So now the BLM has a place to send them.

Investigate this - how much money has been paid to BLM people in control to get them to remove all horses and burros and wolves from our public lands by the cattlemen leasing BLM for practically nothing.

Investigate this - where did all this warehouse of goods go - considering the sales that have occurred at lithic labs and museums lately.....
    just my 2 cents worth

Too bad you have to bring the "horse" aspect into this. Can you substantiate your claims lillyput ? Doesn't sound right to me..sounds a little over indulged on emotion.

Willybee,

So you don't think gross violations of public property, private property, federal law and state law give anti-collecting groups ammunition against us? The National Geographic article on the looting of the Slack Farm resulted in changes in collecting laws the same year. The GE Mound case in Indiana did the same. This case is nothing compared to those, but because of the press it's brought the issue back to the surface and like a boa constrictor the laws will just get tighter.

Whether you like or respect the specific laws regarding collecting on public land, when you break them and get your name in every paper you end up hurting the rest of the collecting community.

This year was slow for me, but normally I dig a lot more than most people. My only point with that is to say I'm not anti-digging nor anti-collecting at all. I've been tricked in to digging crappy sites, already dug sites, but I've never been tricked into Digging. These people weren't tourists who were flagged down from the highway and told digging was legal, these were people who knew it was illegal. They might not have liked the law, but they knew what the laws were.

Quote Originally Posted by willybee View Post
    utter nonsense-it was STATE ARCHAEOLOGISTS who came up with the $hitty law to start with- i am sure it wasn't some congressman with nothing to do-some archy's wrote the law and talked legislators into passing it. some archy's in florida managed to get a law passed making it illegal to PICK UP AN ARROWHEAD in a river or the ocean for 3 miles out.

two were tricked into digging in a toxic DUMP--some didn't even BUY artifacts -- one defendant was a medical doctor and upstanding citizen/lifelong artifact hunter and collector --see pictures of the doctor and read his story here:

Wife of Blanding doctor in Indian artifacts case sues FBI, BLM for his suicide | Deseret News

these were not meth heads. if this doesn't make you call bull$hit on these bogus laws and power grabs by archaeologists----i suspect nothing would.

this isn't some far off fantasy-jackbooted swat teams raided artifact collectors houses at gunpoint and confiscated whole collections-people DIED as a result of this. the police and prosecutors are LESS responsible for this case than the PEOPLE WHO WROTE and ENACTED THE LAW.

now you want to act like its just some awful law thats to blame-or just some awful people who dug a grave on public land. what about the awful people who WROTE THE LAW and convinced lawmakers to pass it? lets not forgot the wonderful archaeologists behind these laws.

willy

Quote Originally Posted by Panola View Post
    Joshua---It is about priortizing ---it is about doing first things first----
    Don,

I agree with 100% of what you said but being that efficient and accurate isn't easy...

Joshua

PhD in Arrowheadology
    Desert Walker, I wish it was not true. google WildhorsePreservation.org, The Cloud Foundation, Pryor Mountain mustangs, BLM holding mustangs or any words involving mustangs, BLM wild horse round ups. To me it is all relative - key words - government, BLM, confiscation, warehousing, heritage, preservation, power etc. Anything further please pm me.

That's pretty much old information. The horse roundups have been shut down for quite a while, (2 yrs) it put one of my friend's family out of the business. The feel good preservationist groups have sued the BLM and won. I won't need to pm you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast