Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Relic Hunter

fossilized shark teeth.. any value?

ive got prolly 40 or 50, varying sizes. anybody know if they may be worth anything?

2. # ADS

I bought about 35 off of Ebay a while back for around $20 plus shipping. They were all around an inch or less and some really small. Do you have any pictures of them?
    "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside."

Tribal Council Member
    Do you have any Megalodon teeth?Some of those are quite valuable.
    Arrowhead shaped leaves are the enemy!

High quality teeth are valuable, but the value drops quickly with missing serrations, root damage, flaked enamel, etc.

Tribal Council Member
    I went to a yard sale last year where they were selling large Meg teeth with some damage for $10 each. They were probably 4 to 5 inch teeth, some were pretty decent, but I bought only one.

We were at Myrtle Beach a few years back and my son and I found well over 100 in one day. It was amazing how easy they were to find. While I talking to another guy that was also hunting with his son and we were showing each other our finds his son came running up and had just sifted out a 4 inch tooth from up close to the wall of a hotel. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. It was huge and very nice.

This is the tray I put together of the ones we found in Myrtle Beach and the 35 I bought. The one in the middle is about 1 3/4 inches long.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Steve Valentine; 09-25-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside."

PLS
    Cornerstone Hunter
    Always guessed these were used as tools a long time ago. Anybody know if there is proof?
    I didn't surrender neither. They took my horse and made him surrender.

Tribal Council Member
    Nice frame Steve.

In South Venice, Florida, there is a beach there called "Casperson Beach," and the sand is almost black from the fossil deposits. I've been there a couple times, and if you bring a sifter you can sift around 100 teeth per hour. Larger teeth are found a ways out via scuba, and some snorkelers get lucky closer to shore at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotto View Post
    Nice frame Steve.

In South Venice, Florida, there is a beach there called "Casperson Beach," and the sand is almost black from the fossil deposits. I've been there a couple times, and if you bring a sifter you can sift around 100 teeth per hour. Larger teeth are found a ways out via scuba, and some snorkelers get lucky closer to shore at times.
    I go a couple times a year with the kids, I wade out and get scoops of sediment and bring it up for the kids to sift. The teeth are small, but the kids enjoy it.

Relic Hunter
    thanks for all the replies, thats a nice frame you got there steve. I will get some pics of them and try to post them tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast